Do you want to advertise on Google, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Great! But are you doing it in the right way? It’s not enough just to spend your budget on one platform. You should evaluate how much you should spend on each platform, and how to allocate that money. Deciding which advertising channels to use can be confusing and overwhelming. The answer is almost always “all of them”. With the rise of programmatic ads and their increasing use, advertisers are having to decide how to allocate their digital advertising budgets. There are three main types of digital advertising: Search, Social and Programmatic. You need to find the right balance between search social & Programmatic advertising for your business.
It is hard to overlook the rapid expansion of social media and its capacity to expose your content or advertisements to a large audience. A CMO research found that 51% of B2B respondents indicated they have created leads through social media, demonstrating its ability to both influence customer decisions and generate leads for both B2C and B2B. However, supporters of search ads would argue that social media users lack “intent” and that this leads to fewer trustworthy conversions.
Social Advertising Pros
- Your audience need not be a rough guess. You may find out about someone’s gender, age, location, interests, employment, friends, and a whole lot more. Finding your target audience has never been simpler.
- It cultivates brand loyalty. Customers are increasingly inclined to base their purchasing decisions on what they learn about brands on social media. Customers are increasingly inclined to base their purchasing decisions on what they learn about brands on social media, according to 71% of consumers.
- Peer referrals may result in an immediate conversion. 75% of people between the ages of 18 and 26 go to social media for product suggestions.
Social Advertising Cons
- There is a lot of rivalry because social media has such a huge potential for business growth, and thus multiple brands fighting to catch consumers’ attention. The weight of producing a clear cut strategy including a clear message is always necessary and constant.
- Constant supervision and mentoring are required for social media advertising. Brands need to effectively engage with clients by consistently posting digital content that will get noticed.
- With more than half of the world’s population accessing the web, more brands tend to go online and utilize social media for advertising and brand awareness. Due to the vast amount of content, brands are competing to utilize social media in marketing and ad campaigns.
Ad spending in the Search Advertising segment is projected to reach US $260.00 Billion by the end of 2022. It turns out that as the year progresses, search ad spending is increasing in other markets. In particular, consumer e-commerce spending is growing at a faster rate than anticipated.
The most effective and trackable digital advertising channel, search has proven strategies for driving traffic, tracking conversions, and calculating ROI. As a result of the intense rivalry for highly competitive keywords, critics will point to the rising cost of PPC on platforms like Google Adwords. Despite this, search advertising continues to be one of the most common choices for advertisers.
Search Advertising Pros
- Increased traffic and improved conversion rates stem from the fact that the majority of customers who find your brand through a search engine are there with the intention to buy.
- Search enables targeted advertising. Your target market will find you if you utilize the right keywords; you don’t need to actively seek them out.
- By using analytics, you can pinpoint the precise words and phrases that customers are typing into search engines, and you can change your keywords accordingly. For instance, 50,000 people might be looking for “dog collars,” whereas over two million people might be looking for “dog leashes.”
Search Advertising Cons
- There is a lot of competition. It needs a significant time and resource commitment, particularly in a world where SEO algorithms are always evolving.
- No promises. According to research, 75% of searchers won’t go past the first page, thus some of the competitive keywords you really wanted to rank for may be unreachable indefinitely if your company is unable to compete at the top, whether through organic or paid search.
- Ranking well in both organic and paid search results is profitable, but link building and other SEO strategies take time to show a return on investment. It can take a while before you realize the benefits of your SEO efforts because it is an investment.
Last but not least, programmatic advertising is a highly successful tactic that makes use of software to purchase ads across a variety of channels. Programmatic campaigns enhance site traffic and revenue by bringing fresh leads to the top of the PPC conversion funnel. Similar to paid social, it offers a wealth of audience data that can benefit companies in focusing on their target demographics. Compared to Google ads, programmatic advertising actually allows businesses to increase the quality of their ads since a variety of data is gathered, whereas Google’s data is rather sparse.
Programmatic Ads Pros
- Evaluate data from the programmatic channel, such as DV360, The Trade Desk, etc., to assess & analyze campaign performance, and export data for your reports.
- Creative, impressions, clicks, engagement, conversions, CTRs, CVRs, CPM, CPC, CPA, and media cost are the main components of the structure for standard reporting setup.
- Run reports during set times to assess campaign performance and aid in decision-making. Advertisers can monitor the results of their campaigns in real time and make any necessary modifications and improvements. By optimizing, you can make sure that every campaign uses its budget wisely, reaching only the target audience’s ideal buyers.
Programmatic Ads Cons
- While utilizing programmatic advertising via agencies you might come across with teams who are underqualified and lack the technical and analytical skills relevant in the industry.
- Agencies can very well take advantage of their customers and mismanage ad budget, providing no transparency in pricing and costs to customers.
- Lack of third-party visibility can harm your ad campaigns, as they are attached to unreliable sites with fake information which poses a potential risk for brand safety.
Sometimes, tackling all three search, social and programmatic ads can get overwhelming. With ReBid Buy, one can plan, manage and scale your digital media buying requirements across multiple geo-locations, channels, formats, and devices through a unified advertising platform. Additionally, with ReBid Desk you have the freedom to choose any connections with supply, DMP, fraud prevention, viewability partners that you want to work with. Get log level data & inhouse your programmatic advertising with no agency interference!